Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Gediks-ness...

Is there such a word? hahahaha.....

I started making Mysha a dress (free pattern and instructions courtesy of Samantha of Little Comet Tails, THANK YOU!) on friday night after dinner but stopped half way (I was literally pulled from the machine, mind u!). The fabric is a lovely cotton print she got as a present from her Aunty Lida when she got back from a shopping spree in bandung a few months back....

We were a bit busy on saturday and sunday with groceries shopping, supplies shopping, a wedding in Seremban on Sunday I didn't have time to complete the dress. Thankfully I manage to steal some time before bed last night to sew the bodice to the skirt and do the hemming as well. I started on the snap buttons (the old school snaps, not one of the snaps like u see on cloth diapers, oh how I wish I have one of those pressers!) last night. Unfortunately I accidentally sewed on the wrong side of the first pair of snaps and only realized it when I stopped to see if they aligned. Arrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since it was midnight, I stopped and went to bed instead.

Me being me, I just can't wait to show off what I've done..... Not sparing any minute, I sewed on the snap buttons in the car, on the way to work and finished the last button as we entered my office... Hooray for me! hehehehehe...... And the showing off began the moment I entered, so many envious mommies.... I just love the fun of it!

I would looooooove and can't wait to show off the dress, unfortunately my camera is not with me @ the moment... Brother dear, when are u returning my camera?! I need it to show off my recent work.......

Oh, and since everybody has labels, me being me again, I just have to have one too (even if it's just a home made dress for my darling). It just gives the dress a much more so called sophisticated store bought look (ehem, don't look @ the dress too long or u'll see the imperfections in my beginners level sewing)... I just got the labels yesterday, so this dress is the first of many more to come (hopefully!) made by mommy for Mysha to have a label on it..... More on the label in the next post....

Again, thank you Samantha (of Little Comel Tails) for sharing this free pattern and to Aunty Lida for the lovely fabric....



No comments: