Tuesday, September 6, 2011

EID 2011...

Nothing much, just would like to wish my family, friends and fellow Muslims an Eid Mubarak...

Not really in the mood for writing as u can see (I wonder if anybody ever reads anything from here... hmmmm). I know, the last entry was like 7 months ago, this blog of mine has cobwebs everywhere... ewwwwww......

Anyway, just would like to update my recently acquired toy..... Yeah, I know i promised to post the photo of my then new toy (snap press) once I get my camera back.... Don't worry, this entry will have photos and not just boring words and more words.... So, without further ado, I present to you my latest toy (drum roll please....) :




READ 32 rows pleating machine


That's it.... my pleating machine... I love it! Love it! Love it! All I have to do is practice feeding fabric into it almost everyday and hopefully it'll take me only 10 minutes or so to pleat my fabrics like everybody else instead of the close to 12 hours (with a few hours of break in something in the afternoon because I got so fed up hehehehe).... I thought it was going to be easy, just roll the fabric, feed and I'll get nicely even pleated fabric ready for smocking. Boy, was I wrong! Like everything else the simplest thing as feeding fabric into a manual machine like this requires practice to ensure the fabric feeds right and get the feel of things and master the way of controlling your fabric that is being fed.

This brings us to some more photos.... of my current obsession (and hopefully this one will last as long as my eyes permits me see clearly to enjoy the pleasure of it)... Smocking... My little princess in her very first (and mommy's first try) smocked dress... It's not easy trying to get that kid to be still for a few photos... She's very uncooperative I tell you!... So here she is...




After I finished my first smocked dress, I got so excited I smocked 3 more... 2 geometric smock and one counterchange smocking.... Unfortunately all 3 are lying around waiting for me to make dressed out of them... Kinda got lazy @ that point. I like doing the smocking, like sewing the dresses, just a tad bit need a wee bit of push @ cutting the fabrics...... Maybe I shall start on that over the weekend....... Maybe... I need to....

This is us, in our traditional (sort of since mine is not baju kurung or kebaya, instead it's a smocked maternity blouse which I don't have a nice picture of and I promise I shall snap a nice photo and update it in here... One day, I promise hehehehe).... Ridzuan and daddy both are wearing baju melayu teluk belanga with tulang belut embroidery @ the neck (u can't see it since it's the same color as the fabric... Mysha a baju kurung with 5 petals pink bullion daisies, light brown lazy daisies as fillers and and green leaves which I used the leaf stitch.... All attires have cultured fresh water Sabah pearls (wanted to get the salt water pearls but I didn't think it would be worth it since the kids rarely are going to be wearing their baju kurung / baju melayu untill the next Eid and they're surely going to outgrow them in less than a year....). As for the button holes I used blanket stitch (3 strands of DMC cotton floss) in the almost same brown as the main fabric.....







That's all for now... enjoy the pics people!

Bye.....

No comments: